PRO Box Contents
1. Network Unit (NU)
2. Coverage Unit (CU)
3. Power Adaptors (2)
4. Mounting Brackets (2)
5. Screws (4)
6. Drywall Anchors (4)
7. Quick Start Guide
1. Find the best cellular signal
Use the signal bars on your phone to find the best signal. Typically, you will get the best signal upstairs near a window.
2. Place the Network Unit (NU)
Place the NU in the location where you get the best cellular signal (identified in the previous step).
3. Place the Coverage Unit (CU)
Place the CU in the location where you need improved coverage. Power-up both devices and wait for the system to connect and complete the network selection. This can take between 5 to 7 minutes. When this process is complete, some devices will display an error message indicating that registration is required.
Optimize Coverage by moving the Coverage Unit
The NU and CU communicate with each over wirelessly to provide the best signal improvement possible. As the distance between the units is increased, the CU adjusts its coverage bubble to provide the ideal amount of coverage.
Each Cel-Fi device may be supplied with mounting brackets and hardware to mount both (or either) the Coverage Unit and the Network Unit.
The brackets come equipped with screws and inserts for mounting in standard drywall. Before you install the mounts, make sure there are no wires or other objects, or metal plates, behind the drywall layer that will interfere with the inserts, screws, mount, or mounted units.
The Network Unit only has mounting holes on the back. The Coverage Unit has mounting holes on the bottom and on the back. The holes on the bottom of the Coverage Unit can be used for mounting the Coverage Unit on a ceiling (See fig 7).
IMPORTANT: Your Cel-Fi PRO Smart Signal Booster is electronic equipment. Both units must be kept indoors and in a dry, cool, well ventilated area.
1. Determine Mounting Hole Locations
2. Drill and Install Anchor Holes (Drywall)
In each marked spot, use a 3/16” drill bit to drill guide holes for the anchors.
3. Install Mounting Bracket
4. Attach the Cel-Fi Unit to the wall mounted bracket
Optional: Attach the Cel-Fi Unit to a ceiling mounted bracket.
To ensure ceiling mounting is as secure as possible, confirm that the mounting bracket posts are firmly inserted, and in the correct position.
Get More from Cel-Fi WAVE
Cel-Fi WAVE is an application available on both smartphones and desktop computers that allows users to interact with Cel-Fi, to access advanced and supplementary features.
- Finding the best solution provider for poor cellular coverage in your building
- How Nextivity Differentiates Itself In Delivering In-Building Coverage
- Nextivity commits to public safety with expanded Cel-Fi product line
- Cel-Fi by Nextivity Honored with 2019 Best in Biz Award
- Signal Not Received: Is Your Building Smart Without Good Cellular Coverage?